The INHS Library News blog is to inform users of new resources, library events, library systems downtime, and library schedule changes.

Monday, July 09, 2007

CARLI Welcomes Six New I-SHARE Libraries

CARLI (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois) is pleased to announce that 6 more libraries' catalogs are now online
in I-Share, CARLI's integrated library system. This brings the number of
Illinois institutions participating in I-Share to 71. The new libraries now
have their local catalogs online and are eligible to use the I-Share
Universal Borrowing resource sharing service to place requests. Later this
month the six libraries' holdings will be incorporated into the I-Share
Universal Catalog, making their collections available for I-Share resource
sharing.

The new I-Share participants, their three letter CARLI symbols, and their
locations are:
* Carl Sandburg College (CSC), Galesburg
* Illinois Eastern Community Colleges (IEC), with four locations-Frontier
Community College, Fairfield; Wabash Valley College, Mt. Carmel; Olney
Central College, Olney; and Lincoln Trail College, Robinson
* Knox College (KNX), Galesburg
* Monmouth College (MON), Monmouth
* Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing (SFM), Peoria
* Trinity International University (TIU), Deerfield

The six institutions migrated a combined total of 721,411 bibliographic
records, 898,515 item records and 13,908 patron records from their former
automation systems.

I-Share uses the Voyager software from the Ex Libris Group, and runs on
computer servers operated by the CARLI consortium office staff. The I-Share
Universal Catalog, a union catalog for the participants, includes over 9
million unique titles. During July, CARLI staff will rebuild the I-Share
Universal Catalog, and the six new participants' holdings will be
incorporated into the Universal Catalog at that time. Please watch for the
I-Share announce email list for more detailed announcements about the
Universal Catalog rebuild project. CARLI plans to implement more I-Share
libraries in 2008, and details about that implementation round will also be
announced shortly.